Tunisia gov’t claims suicide bomber a Filipina, PH Embassy probes

Tunisia gov’t claims suicide bomber a Filipina, PH Embassy probes

THE Philippine Embassy in Tripoli, Libya is investigating reports that a suicide bomber responsible in a terrorist attack in the Kasserine region of Tunisia was a Filipina.

The terrorist attack claimed three lives including a baby the suicide bomber was carrying in her arms.

In a statement, the embassy said Tunisia’s Garde Nationale Tunisienne killed a suspected terrorist during a counterterrorism operation whose wife blew her up with an explosive belt.

“The incident left three people dead, including a baby the suicide bomber was carrying in her arms. News reports from local media in Tunisia and international media claimed that the suicide bomber is a Filipino national,” the embassy said.

The incident occurred on Thursday last week in the remote Mount Selloum area of Kasserine, near the Algerian border, a known jihadist hideout.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

ABOUT US

Welcome to Metro Sun, an online news website where stories inspire community engagement and digitally fuelled actions for economic change in the Philippines or any associated countries based on current events.

AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE

Some links on this page are affiliate links in which we earn a commission from sales of items we recommend at no extra cost to you. And as an Amazon Associate, we also earn from qualifying purchases linking to any of their websites. Please read our Disclaimer linked below.

Scroll to Top