LUZON-WIDE ECQ EXTENDED UNTIL APRIL 30

LUZON-WIDE ECQ EXTENDED UNTIL APRIL 30

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has approved the extension of the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine until April 30 as announced by the interagency task for on Covid-19  in a virtual briefing Tuesday morning.

“Yung enhanced community quarantine is until April 30, 11:59 p.m. Ito po ang rekomendasyon na tinanggap ni Pangulong Duterte,” said Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles, spokesperson of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease.

“Pagkatapos ng kanyang announcement, vinerify po namin ulit. The enhanced community quarantine is hereby extended until 11:59 pm, April 30,” Nograles said.

The President, during his public address Monday night, said the government is inclined to extend the lockdown.

The Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine was expected to be lifted by midnight of April 13.

The measure suspended public transportation, prohibited mass gatherings and even ordered the temporary closure of some businesses, excluding hospitals, groceries and drug stores, and other essential establishments.

The Philippines has so far has 3,660 cases of Covid-19 and 163 deaths.

 

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

ABOUT US

Welcome to Metro Sun, an online news website where stories inspire community engagement and digitally fuelled actions for economic change in the Philippines or any associated countries based on current events.

AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE

Some links on this page are affiliate links in which we earn a commission from sales of items we recommend at no extra cost to you. And as an Amazon Associate, we also earn from qualifying purchases linking to any of their websites. Please read our Disclaimer linked below.

Scroll to Top