Another Luzon lockdown extension? Fake news – Nograles

CABINET Secretary Karlo Nograles denied reports that has been circulating on social media about the government’s plan to further extend Luzon lockdown after April 30.

Nograles said the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases has yet to discuss of another extension of the enhanced community quarantine after it decided to prolong the lockdown for another 2 weeks.

“Hindi po totoo iyan. Wala pang–fake news naman po yan so kung may nagpapakalat nito, hindi po namin pinag-uusapan yung extension ng lockdown after April 30,” he said in a virtual press briefing.

“Hindi po yan totoo na nakapagdesisyon na rin ang IATF na iextend natin o kung anu-anuman diyan.”

Meanwhile, the government earlier said it would go after peddlers of misinformation about the pandemic, with the National Bureau of Investigation issuing 17 subpoenas so far.

 

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

ABOUT US

Welcome to Metro Sun, an online news website where stories inspire community engagement and digitally fuelled actions for economic change in the Philippines or any associated countries based on current events.

AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE

Some links on this page are affiliate links in which we earn a commission from sales of items we recommend at no extra cost to you. And as an Amazon Associate, we also earn from qualifying purchases linking to any of their websites. Please read our Disclaimer linked below.

Scroll to Top